The half ponytail allows you to wear up some hair in the ponytail style while leaving the remaining hair out. This style manages to pull the hair back away from your face and keep your hair neat and tidy. This is suitable only for long-medium to long hair lengths.
Simple half ponytail
Wash your hair the night before you plan to style it. This will make it clean, allowing for a natural look. If your hair is wavy, it will hold its natural wave in the morning.
Brush out your hair well.
Pull your hair up to a half ponytail. Leave your bangs down.
Brush out underneath the half ponytail. Separate the top and bottom equally.
Tie the top up with a hair tie.
Neaten. On one side (if you have long bangs to one side), put two bobby pins in an X shape on the side opposite of your bangs.
Hair bow half ponytail
Decide how large you want the bow to be. This will determine how large a section you take from each side of your hair. Pick up a section of hair from each side of your head based on this, each section being of an even size.
- A larger bow will be more effective.
- Tie both sections together into a ponytail at the back of your head. However, on the last pull-through of these sides to form a ponytail, don’t pull it all the way down. Instead, leave it halfway in a loop.
- Leave the remainder of your hair flowing down and free of the elastic.
- Divide the loop of hair in half, placing a finger into each loop and stretching the loop into two even sides. This will form two smaller loops. Push one aside and pin down with a clip––you’ll work on the free loop first, then come back to this one.
- Leave some of the ponytail down to wind around at the end.
- Form the first bow side with the loose loop. Spread it apart to widen it and push it flat against your head. Push a bobby pin into the top part of the spread loop and another one into the base of the spread loop.
- Repeat for the other side. This will form a bow shape at the back of your head.
- Use the remaining piece of hair in the ponytail to wrap around the elastic in the middle of the bow. Hold in place with bobby pins.